Friday, April 1, 2011

Being Lecturer


Today thought to write about something which is actually doesn’t the way it is. As I described I m a lecturer n, do have many colleagues we have a large department n many staff people as well so do students.  My senior colleague‘s always have problem with the generation they always blame students for not completing the work at time and for their careless behavior n say “these generation is worthless for anything” n here I m so very confused what is making them worthless: of being interested in practical’s instead of theory notes or being honest to get everything clarified. do't get me wrong I m not at all interests in opposing or hurting either of my colleague n even I don’t say every student is correct just I don’t understand is why to blame, teachers blame to students for their behavior n another side students blame teachers for their behavior which is actually misinterpreting the relation of “lecturer and student”. I think lecturer is d person who actually lets students behave in d way they behave…(contd)

8 comments:

  1. In our country we considered teachers as our unsung heroes. It is not the teacher that would be blamed on these worst new generation. It is the environment where the child grows should be blamed. Classrooms is only the second home of a student, parents should nurtured first their children before endorsing it to the educators. I remember before during our younger years on our studies, a "tiger-look" of our teachers would just enough to made us behave..unlike nowadays, teachers are already afraid of their students mostly...I think this trend would not be corrected anymore since it is not happening only in our country but universally...
    Nice postt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanx!!! liked ur appreciation for nice post but i think my another post related to this can make u think in another way!!
    i always think blaming is not the solution their is a lot other than blaming within us....
    thanx again!!! u r welcomed to comment on my post..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, the comments and thoughts of yr senior colleagues on today's students are supposed to be outdated, I think. They may be seeking the same performance from the students which they may have had in their student life guided by teacher-centered approach. Now the time has changed dramatically. Practicality is a must in today's learner-centered era. And, I can feel in your thought and performance as a lecturer. That's great. Thanks! Best of Act!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey!!Suresh thanks for dropping ur comment!! yes the education now is learner-centered n which is actually gud!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. practicals are really necessary not just scoring in xams...

    ReplyDelete
  6. yup!!! thats true!!!
    thanx for d comment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Right attitude!
    Teacher shapes up the student's attitude.
    I remember, in our college, we had teachers who enjoyed students' rapt attention. we had teachers who went through students' booing.

    1) The command of the teacher -Attitude wise
    2) The strength on the subject they teach
    3) Confidence level
    matters a lot.

    So, It is not generation's mistake ONLY.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey SS thanx for liking it!
    yes thats true It is not generation's mistake ONLY.
    thanx again for ur views.

    ReplyDelete